Ammaji visit to Uttarkashi – March 2015
Activities at Tapasyalayam:
- Amidst the cold rainy weather conditions, Ammaji arrived at Tapasyalayam early March, 2015.
- The tuition classes of the village children are being held through winter months with the support of the teachers. Apart from the study classes, children have playtime and learn to chant prayers at the Ganga-dhyana-mandir.
- Daily Temple prayers in the morning and evening continue to be held in Ganga Dhyana Mandir.
- A Suparivara Satsang outing following Holi celebrations, brought color and festivity in the bitter cold wet climate at the ashram. The day long visit ended with darshan of Vasuki Nagdevata at Barsu village who blessed the families.
- Later that week, in preparation for the three-day Ganga-Dasahara festival to be held at Ganga Dhyana Mandir in May, head of the Netala village with the villagers took Ammaji to Vasuki Nagdevata at Netala and Ganeshpur, for their consent and presence at the ashram for the three days on May 26-28, 2015.
Varnavata – Yatra on March 18th, 2015
- The sevaks of “Environment Initiative of Purna Vidya”, Uttarkashi met with Ammaji and planned an awareness campaign during the Varnavata – Yatra on March 18th, 2015 in Uttarkashi, in which over 10,000 people undertake a 30km padayatra, pilgrimage on foot. Twenty-five Purna Vidya sevaks undertook the pilgrimage carrying garbage bags and picking up the litter, so that the sacred mountain is litter-free.